- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 onions, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2.5 cm piece ginger, peeled and chopped
- 2 fresh green chillies, chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp ground cumin seeds
- 2 tsp ground coriander seeds
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 500 g lean boneless lamb, cubed
- 2 potatoes, peeled and quartered
1. Heat a tablespoon of the oil in a heavy saucepan and fry the onions until browned. Add the garlic, ginger and chillies and cook for a minute or two, before stirring in the tomato puree. Remove from the heat.
2. Puree the mixture in a blender, adding enough water to get a smooth curry paste.
3. In another pan, heat the rest of the oil and add the powdered spices along with the lamb. Stir and fry to seal the lamb. Add the potatoes, followed by the curry paste.
4. Pour in just enough water to cover the meat and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until the lamb is tender, adding more water if needed to keep it moist.
Rate This Recipe