- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: medium
For the aioli
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 3 anchovy fillets, in olive oil
- 1 tsp French mustard
- 1 lemon, juice only
- around 200 ml vegetable oil
- 2-4 cloves garlic
For the lamb
- 1 french-trimmed rack of lamb, with 8 ribs
- olive oil
Tips and Suggestions
Cooks note: you can ask your butcher to prepare 8 French trimmed lamb cutlets for you if you dont want to cut them up yourself.
1. For the aioli: put the egg, anchovies in their oil, the mustard, a teaspoon of lemon juice and a twist of freshly ground black pepper into a tall jug. Place a hand blender into the jug and begin to blend.
2. After a few seconds, pour in the vegetable oil in a thin steady stream moving the blender up and down in the jug. An emulsion should form almost instantly. Keep blending until well mixed and then add the remaining lemon juice to taste.
3. Crush the garlic with a little salt in a pestle and mortar and mix with the mayonnaise.
4. For the lamb: heat a griddle pan over a medium high heat.
5. Cut the ribs off the rack of lamb to form 8 even sized chops. Remove the fat from the back. Oil them lightly with olive oil and season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
6. Place the chops on the grill and cook for about 4 minutes on each side.
7. Serve the chops with a selection of vegetables, or on a bed of rocket, with the garlic mayonnaise on the side.
Rate This Recipe