- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 chump lamb chops
- black pepper
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 200 ml chicken stock
- 3 egg yolks
- grated zest and juice of 3 lemons
- 2 tomatoes, skinned, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp chopped mint
- a touch of cream, if needed
Tips and Suggestions
Please note that this recipe contains raw eggs. Raw or lightly cooked eggs should not be served to young children, elderly people, invalids and pregnant women, because of the risk of salmonella poisoning.
1. Season the lamb chops with salt and freshly ground pepper. Spread the garlic over the chops.
2. Grill or roast the lamb chops until cooked to taste.
3. Meanwhile, place the stock in a pan and heat through.
4. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, lemon zest and lemon juice.
5. Slowly pour in the hot chicken stock and add in the tomato, stirring continually until the sauce is foamy and has thickened slightly.
6. Season with salt, freshly ground pepper, parsley and mint. Add a touch of cream to stabilise the sauce, if needed.
7. Pour the sauce over the freshly cooked lamb chops and serve at once.
Rate This Recipe