- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 12 lamb chops, about 70g each
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- smoked paprika
- 2x400 g can chickpeas
For the sauce
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 80 g almonds
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 250 g plum tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 slices toasted white bread, cubed
- 6 sprigs oregano, leaves only, sliced
Tips and Suggestions
If you can get fresh almonds for this recipe, use them - they're ideal.
1. Preheat the oven to 190C/gas 5. Heat the vegetable oil in an ovenproof frying pan large enough to hold the lamb chops. Season the lamb cutlets with salt and smoked paprika and fry them for a couple of minutes each side until golden brown.
2. Meanwhile, drain the chickpeas well. Transfer the lamb cutlets to a warmed plate and add the chickpeas to the pan. Sauté for 1 minute and season well.
3. Put the lamb cutlets on top of the chickpeas and bake for 6-8 minutes in the hot oven.
4. While the lamb cooks, make the sauce. In a frying pan, heat the olive oil and sweat the garlic, yellow pepper and almonds until they begin to soften. Add the vinegar and bring to the boil. Add the tomatoes and smoked paprika and simmer for 1 minute. Finally, add the cubes of toast and the sliced oregano.
5. Season the mixture to taste and remove the pan from the heat. Serve the lamb chops on top of the chickpeas and spoon over the sauce.
Rate This Recipe