- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus marinating
- Effort: easy
For the lamb
- 2 lamb chops
- olive oil, to taste
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 cloves garlic
For the tzatziki
- 250 ml yogurt
- 1/2 cucumber, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- mint leaves, to taste, roughly chopped
1. For the lamb: marinade the chops in a non-reactive shallow bowl with a good glug of olive oil, the cumin and whole cloves of garlic. Leave overnight if possible, or for at least 5-10 minutes. If you are leaving the meat overnight, be sure to cover the bowl and place in the fridge. Bring the meat back to room temperature when you are ready to cook.
2. Heat a griddle pan, remove the lamb from the marinade and griddle for 4 minutes on each side, or until almost cooked through but still a little pink in the middle.
3. For the tzatziki: mix together the yoghurt and cucumber in a bowl. Season with the cumin, salt and pepper. Mix well, stir in the mint leaves and serve alongside the griddled chops.
Rate This Recipe