- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 1 hour 50 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 8 chump lamb chops
- 25 g lard
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 150 ml dry white wine
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 150 ml beef stock
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 400 g canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 400 g tinred kidney beans, drained
- 6 tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
- 1 tbsp olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 140C/gas 1.
2. Trim the lamb chops. Heat the lard in an ovenproof casserole. Brown the meat on all sides, then remove from the pan.
3. Add onions, garlic and chilli and fry gently without colouring. Pour in the wine, vinegar and stock. Add the cinnamon stick, tomatoes and oregano and bring to the boil.
4. Add the browned meat, cover with a lid and cook in the oven for 1 hour. Stir in the beans and return to the oven for 30 minutes.
5. Carefully take meat out of the sauce and keep warm. Reduce the sauce on the hob until nice and thick. Add half the tomatoes and Tabasco to taste. Bring to the boil then remove from the heat.
6. Mix together the remaining tomatoes, the chives and olive oil. Season.
7. Pour the sauce over the meat and sprinkle with tomato mixture.
Rate This Recipe