- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 6 lamb cutlets, each approximately 80g
- salt, and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 400 g tinned chickpeas
- cayenne pepper
- 2 large, very ripe plum tomatoes
- 10 pitted black olives, chopped
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 clove garlic, thinly chopped
- 10 basil
- zest and juice of 1 lemons
1. Preheat your oven to 190°c/gas 5.
2. Season the lamb cutlets with salt and fry them in the oil for a couple of minutes each side until golden brown. While the lamb is cooking drain the chick peas well.
3. Transfer the lamb cutlets to a warmed plate and add the chick peas to the pan. Sauté them for about a minute and season them well with salt and cayenne pepper.
4. Put the lamb cutlets on top of the chick peas and bake for 6-8 minutes in the oven. While this is cooking, mix the diced tomatoes with the chopped olives, the olive oil, garlic, the basil and the lemon juice and zest, season well with salt and cayenne and set aside.
5. Once cooked, remove the lamb and chick peas from the oven, smother both with the tomato, olive mixture and serve.
Rate This Recipe