- Serves: 2-3
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the buttery mash
- 3 large waxy potatoes, such as desiree, peeled and halved
- 100 g butter
- 4 tbsp double cream
For the crispy new season garlic
- vegetable oil, for deep fat frying
- bulbs new season (wet) garlic, finely shredded
For the lamb cutlets
- drizzle, extra virgin olive oil
- 4-6 lamb cutlets
1. For the buttery mash: tip the potatoes into a large saucepan of cold, salted water. Cover and bring to a boil over a high heat, then reduce the heat to medium and simmer for about 10-15 minutes until soft.
2. Drain the potatoes, tip them back into the pan and place over a low heat to allow the excess moisture to evaporate.
3. Add the butter and the cream to the potatoes and allow the cream to warm up and the butter to melt before mashing everything together until smooth. Season with salt.
4. For the new season garlic: heat the vegetable oil in a deep fat fryer to 160 C. Carefully add the shredded garlic and fry until crisp and golden brown. Remove with a slotted spoon, drain on kitchen paper, then season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
5. For the lamb cutlets: heat a griddle pan over a medium-high heat.
6. Drizzle the cutlets with olive oil and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper on both sides. Arrange the cutlets on the hot griddle and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your liking.
7. Transfer the griddled lamb cutlets onto warm serving plates, place a generous portion of buttery mash alongside and top with the crispy new season garlic. Drizzle over a little extra virgin olive oil and serve.
Rate This Recipe