- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus 40 mins marinating
- Effort: medium
For the lamb, feta and aubergine skewers
- 600 g middle neck and best end of lamb
- 250 g feta cheese
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 01 pinches salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large aubergine
For the lentil, pea and asparagus salad
- 150 g lentils
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 150 g frozen peas, defrosted
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 chilli, finely chopped
- 1 small bunch tarragon, chopped
- black pepper
1. Take a lamb fillet and make a small hole through the centre of it. Cut feta into cubes, each 3cm x 3cm, sprinkle over a little dried oregano, a pinch of salt and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Stuff the lamb with the feta mixture. Place in the fridge for 30-40 minutes.
2. Cut the aubergines into cubes; place them in a bowl and sprinkle with salt. Leave for an hour, then rinse thoroughly under cold water and dry with kitchen paper. Cut lamb fillet into the same size cubes as the aubergine and place on a metal or wooden skewer, alternating lamb and aubergine. Brush with the remaining oil and cook under a hot grill for 5 minutes either side.
3. For the salad, salad, cook the lentils for 20 minutes on a gentle rolling boil.
4. Cut the asparagus into fine pieces and blanch for 2 minutes in salted water. Remove and refresh.
5. Combine the lentils, asparagus and peas in a bowl, add the olive oil, vinegar, garlic, chilli and tarragon, mix together and season with salt and pepper.
6. Serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe