- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- 1 tbsp cracked black pepper
- 4 tbsp coarsely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 lamb fillet, about 700g
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 225 g cherry tomatoes, on the vine, to serve
For the aubergine and courgette butter:
- 2 aubergines, cut into 1cm cubes
- 2 courgettes, cut into 1cm cubes
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- black pepper
- lemon juice, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 200ºC/gas 6.
2. To make the aubergine and courgette butter, place the aubergine and courgette cubes into a large roasting pan. Drizzle over 3 tablespoons of the olive oil and season with pepper. Roast for 35-40 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
3. Meanwhile, crush the cumin and coriander seeds with a pestle and mortar. Transfer to a mixing bowl, add the pepper and parsley and stir to combine. Rub the surface of the rack of lamb with the olive oil and press in the herbs and spices. Place on a baking tray and roast in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes.
4. Remove the roasted vegetables from the oven and leave to cool for 10 minutes. Remove the lamb from the oven and allow to rest.
5. While the lamb is resting, finish the vegetable butter. Place the roasted vegetables into a food processor with the remaining olive oil and pulse to coarsely chop them. Season with salt, pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice.
6. Carve the cooked lamb into thick slices. Arrange on serving plates and serve at once with cherry tomatoes and the aubergine and courgette butter.
Rate This Recipe