- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the warm salad
- 125 g black beluga or puy lentils
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 100 g sweet (dulce) uncooked chorizo, chopped
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp sherry vinegar
- 1 red onion, very finely sliced
- 2 tsp rose harissa
- 50 g rocket
For the feta and wild garlic dressing
- 50 g feta cheese
- 2 tbsp Greek-style yogurt
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp mint leaves
- 2 tbsp wild garlic
For the lamb
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 x 150g lamb fillets
1. For the warm salad: cook the lentils in a large pan of boiling water for 30 minutes or until tender. Stir in a generous pinch of salt then drain the lentils, pour over 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and set aside.
2. Heat the remaining olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat, add the chorizo and fry for 1-2 minutes until golden-brown in places, then stir in the smoked paprika.
3. Pour in the sherry vinegar, swirling the pan to deglaze, then add this to the warm lentils, along with the red onions and rose harissa, and mix together.
4. For the feta and wild garlic dressing: tip all of the ingredients into a food processor and blend with together to a smooth consistency.
5. For the lamb: heat the olive oil in a heavy-based frying pan over a medium-high heat. Season the lamb fillets with sea salt and black pepper and add place them in the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until brown on the outside and cooked to your liking. Remove from the heat to rest for a 5 minutes.
6. To serve, stir the rocket into the lentils and divide between four serving plates. Place a fillet of lamb on top, drizzle over the dressing and finish with any pan juices.
Rate This Recipe