- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 40 minutes plus 15 mins standing time
- Effort: medium
For the vegetables
- 2 courgettes, with flowers attached
- 40 g fresh peas, podded, peas lightly blanched
- 40 g broad beans, lightly blanched
- 4 asparagus
- 2baby carrots, peeled and very thinly sliced lengthways
For the lamb
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4x90 g new season lamb fillets
- 1 tsp salt and black pepper
For the tomatoes
- 4 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
For the leafy salad
- 1 handfuls dandelion leaves
- 1 handfuls leaves radicchio
- 1 handfuls rocket
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180C/gas4.
2. For the vegetables, remove the courgette flowers and save them for the garnish. Cut the courgettes in half before slicing along the length into fine strips. Cover the courgettes, peas, broad beans, asparagus and carrots with iced water, and leave on one side for at least 15 minutes. Drain, and pat the vegetables dry with a clean tea towel.
4. For the lamb, heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a frying pan over a moderately high heat. Season the lamb with salt and pepper and add to the pan. Seal in hot oil for about 3-4 minutes - until it's beginning to colour on all sides.
5. Transfer to the oven and roast for 8-10 minutes - the meat should still be pink in the centre. Remove from the oven and leave in a warm place to rest for 10 minutes.
6. For the tomatoes, preheat a grill, arrange the cherry tomatoes on the grill pan and drizzle generously with balsamic vinegar. Place the grill pan towards the top of the grill and cook the tomatoes for 3-4 minutes. The skins should have burst by now and started to char. Keep warm, while you finish the dish.
7. Toss the mixed vegetable strips in enough lemony French dressing to moisten - arrange on a serving plate. Dress the dandelion leaves, raddichio and rocket leaves with the same dressing.
8. Cut the lamb fillets into 1/2 cm thick slices, and serve on top of the prepared vegetables and leafy herb salad. Garnish with the grilled tomatoes and courgette flowers. Drizzle with extra balsamic vinegar and olive oil just before serving.
Rate This Recipe