- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 400 g lean minced lamb
- 100 g red onions, finely chopped
- 40 g dried figs, finely chopped
- 125 g goats' cheese, crumbled
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 3 tsp ground cumin, or cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 8 mint leaves, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 large green tomato, sliced
- 1 tbsp salt
- 8 slices of sourdough, or 4 sourdough rolls, halved
- garlic mayonnaise, to serve
- rocket, to serve
- 2 fresh figs, sliced
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C/gas 3.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the lamb, red onion, dried fig, goats' cheese, allspice, sea salt, cinnamon, cumin, paprika and mint, mixing well.
3. Shape the mince mixture into 4 burgers.
4. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a heavy-based frying pan until hot.
5. Add in the burgers and brown on each side.
6. Transfer the burgers to a roasting tray and bake in the oven for 5 minutes.
7. Meanwhile, mix together the cinnamon and sugar. Sprinkle the cinnamon mixture over each tomato slice and season with the salt.
8. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a small frying pan. Add in the green tomato slices and fry for 20 seconds on each side, or until softened.
9. Drizzle the sourdough with the remaining olive oil and toast, preferably on a griddle pan.
10. Top 4 slices of toasted sourdough with aioli and rocket, then a lamb burger, fried tomato and fig. Top each burger with the remaining sourdough and serve at once.
Rate This Recipe