- Serves: 1-2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 tbsp chopped pickled red chillies, plus a little of their pickling vinegar
- olive oil
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp crème fraîche
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 1-2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1-2 tsp coriander seeds
- 250 g minced lamb
- 1 bunches flatleaf parsley, chopped
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 baby gem lettuce, shredded
- 1 white onion, thinly sliced
- 1 wholemeal pitta bread
- 2 pickled green chillies
1. Place the red pickled chillies and a generous splash of olive oil in a food processor and pulse until smooth.
2. Mix together the mayonnaise, crème fraiche and a generous squeeze of lemon juice.
3. Toast the cumin and coriander seeds in a dry frying pan over a medium heat until fragrant, then grind in a pestle and mortar.
4. Mix the ground spices into the lamb mince, then add 2 tablespoons of chopped flat leaf parsley and a squeeze of lemon juice. Season well.
5. Mould the mince around a palette knife with a heatproof handle to make one long kebab. Heat an upturned griddle pan until very hot. Cook the kebab on this flat surface for xxx minutes, turning over once, until browned all over and cooked through.
6. While the kebab cooks, combine the tomatoes, baby gem leaves and onion in a small bowl.
7. Warm the pitta on the griddle pan. When the lamb is cooked, slide it off the palette knife into the pitta bread. Pile some salad on top, drizzle with the pickled red chilli sauce and spoon over the crème fraiche mixture. Top with the whole green pickled chillies and serve.
Rate This Recipe