- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes plus 1 hr marinating time
- Effort: easy
- 450 g shoulder or leg of lamb, off the bone, fat removed
- 150 ml natural yogurt
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 pinches ground cumin
- pinch of black pepper
- ½ lemons, juice only
For the cucumber and tomato raita
- 250 ml Greek yogurt
- ½ cucumber, deseeded and finely diced
- 4 tomatoes or 16 cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander or mint
- 1 tsp ground cumin seeds
1. For the lamb: cut the meat into 3 centimetre chunks. Mix together the yogurt, coriander, cumin, black pepper and lemon juice in a medium bowl. Place the lamb in the marinade, mix well, and leave to sit for at least an hour.
2. For the cucumber and tomato raita: mix the yogurt, cucumber, tomatoes, herbs and cumin together. Season to taste and chill until ready to serve.
3. When you are ready to cook the lamb, take it out of the marinade and season, but do not wipe it clean. Thread the meat onto metal skewers, or use wooden satay sticks that have been soaking in water for an hour (to prevent them catching fire).
5. Grill for 8-10 minutes on a barbecue or griddle pan, turning them and basting with the marinade every so often.
6. Serve with the raita.
Rate This Recipe