- Serves: 4 as a main (makes 25-30 skewers)
- Cook Time: 10 minutes up to 40 mins, depending on cooking method
- Prep Time: 25 minutes plus 20 mins soaking and 1 hr chilling
- Effort: easy
For the kofta skewers
- 1 cm cinnamon sticks
- 1/2 star anise
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 pinch dried red chilli flakes
- 1 kg minced lamb
- 20 mint leaves
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- 01 pinches salt
- 1 banana leaf, cut in a disc shape on plate to serve up on
For the tzatziki
- 200 ml thick Greek yogurt
- 1 cucumber, halved, deseeded and coarsely grated
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- small bunch mint, leaves only, finely shredded
1. For the skewers: soak the skewers in warm water for 20 minutes (this helps to stop them burning).
2. Grind all the spices in a pestle and mortar.
3. Place in a food processor along with the lamb mince, mint, coriander and salt. Beat together on the slowest setting until well incorporated.
4. Shape onto sticks and allow to sit in the fridge for 1 hour before cooking on a barbeque or griddle pan.
5. Cook for 8-10 minutes, turning regularly.
6. For the tzatziki: mix all the ingredients together.
7. Serve the skewers on the banana leaf with the tzatziki in a bowl alongside.
Rate This Recipe