- Effort: easy
- 500 g minced lamb
- 1 large red onion, grated or finely chopped
- 1 heaped tsp of ground coriander
- 2 tbsp sweet marjoram, chopped
- 1 egg
- 8 wholemeal tortillas
- 1 tub of hummus, to serve
- tzatziki, to serve
- quinoa tabouli, to serve
- harissa, to serve
1. Combine the mince with the onion, ground coriander, sweet marjoram and egg. Season well
and mix thoroughly with clean hands. Make large egg size balls and throw from palm to palm to make nice firm balls. Then shape them onto metal shish skewers or into long sausage shapes and cook them either under the grill or over the BBQ until well done.
2. To make the koftas spread the centre of the flat bread with a generous amount of hummus
and then top with the cooked lamb kofta. Top with one or two tablespoons of tzatziki and
quinoa tabouli. Season with salt and pepper, then lashings of harissa.
3. Fold over the bottom edge to stop the ingredients from falling out of the bottom and then fold over one edge of the flat bread to encase the filling and continue to roll firmly.
Rate This Recipe