- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the flavoured oil
- 100 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinches fennel seeds
- 6 sprigs mint, leaves and stalks separated
- 2 cloves garlic, finely sliced
For the lamb
- 2 middle neck lamb fillet, trimmed
- 2 lamb's kidneys, halved and cored
- olive oil, for cooking
- 2 tsp butter
- 150 g tinned or cooked flageolet beans, rinsed and drained
- 50 ml Merlot red wine vinegar
1. For the flavoured oil: Heat the oil in a small pan over a medium heat with the fennel seeds, mint stalks and sliced garlic. When the garlic just starts to colour, remove from the heat and set aside to infuse.
2. For the lamb: Season the lamb necks and kidneys well with salt and pepper and rub with olive oil. Preheat the grill to hot.
3. Grill the lamb neck for 3 minutes each side until cooked pink inside (you may wish to cook the meat longer if you prefer it well done) and grill the halved kidneys for 1 minute each side. Cover and allow to rest in a warm place before serving.
4. Strain the infused oil into a clean saucepan. Add the vinegar and reheat over a low flame.
5. Put another small saucepan over a medium heat and add a dash of olive oil and the butter. Add the flageolet beans, season well with salt and pepper, and crush with a fork until roughly mashed.
6. Chop the mint leaves and add to the hot vinaigrette at the last minute.
7. To serve, slice each lamb fillet into 3 pieces and serve with the crushed beans and kidneys. Spoon over the vinaigrette and serve.
Rate This Recipe