- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus 30 mins to marinate
- Effort: medium
- 1 small bunch rosemary
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 lemons, zest and juice
- 100 ml olive oil
- 2 racks of lamb, 3 bones each, French-trimmed
- 200 g instant polenta
- 100 g butter, chopped into 1cm cubes
- 100 ml double cream
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped
- 1 basil
- tbsp baby capers
- 3 salted anchovies, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4.
2. In a food processor, blitz the rosemary, garlic cloves, and zest of 1 lemon with 2 tbsp of olive oil for a few seconds.
3. Now score the fat on the lamb with a sharp knife in a criss-cross pattern, and marinade the meat in the herb mixture for 30 minutes.
4. In a very hot pan, sear the racks of lamb on all sides, then cook off in the oven for 8 minutes.
5. While the lamb is cooking, bring 1 litre of water to the boil in a pan and add the polenta in a steady stream, together with the butter. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly, and add the cream towards the end. Season well with salt and pepper and stir in half the parsley and basil.
6. For the salsa verde, mix the remaining chopped herbs, lemon zest and juice, capers and chopped anchovies in a bowl with the remaining olive oil.
7. Take the lamb out of the oven and let it rest for 5 minutes. Carve into chops, lay on a bed of polenta and pour over the sauce.
Rate This Recipe