- Serves: 10-15 skewers
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus marinating overnight
- Effort: easy
For the lamb satay
- 300 g diced leg of lamb
- 6 tbsp soy sauce
- 6 tbsp teriyaki sauce
- 1 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cm piece root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tsp finely chopped coriander
- drizzle olive oil, for cooking
For the peanut sauce
- 225 g crunchy peanut butter
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 large bunches fresh coriander
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sake rice wine
- 1/2 tsp chilli oil
- 120 ml coconut milk
Tips and Suggestions
Soy sauce is high in salt, try using reduced salt soy sauce. For more information on healthy eating see eatwell.gov.uk.
1. Thread the pieces of lamb onto bamboo skewers and arrange in a single layer in a shallow dish.
2. Mix all of the remaining satay ingredients together, apart from the olive oil, and pour the mixture over the lamb. Cover with cling film and transfer to the fridge to marinate overnight.
3. For the peanut dipping sauce: tip the peanut butter, garlic and coriander into a blender.
4. Mix the remaining peanut sauce ingredients together in a jug and pour into the blender, with the motor running, until the sauce is thick and the ingredients are well combined.
5. Transfer to a serving dish.
6. To cook the lamb, preheat a griddle pan, barbecue or grill to high. Brush the lamb with a little olive oil and cook for 4-5 minutes, turning halfway, or until slightly charred on the outside and juicy and cooked to your liking on the inside.
7. Transfer to a serving platter and serve the peanut dipping sauce alongside.
Rate This Recipe