- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the mashed potatoes
- 500 g Maris Piper potatoes, roughly chopped
- 125 g butter
- 1 tbsp wasabi
- salt and black pepper
For the sausages
- 1 tbsp Thai green curry paste
- 500 g minced lamb
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- handfuls coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- gravy, to serve
1. For the mashed potatoes, bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil, tip in the potatoes and simmer for 15-20 minutes, until tender.
2. Drain the potatoes well and return to the pan. Mash until smooth, before beating in the butter over a low heat. Season well and add the wasabi paste to the potatoes, stirring well. While the potatoes are boiling, prepare the sausages.
3. For the sausages, loosen the paste with a little water, before combining with the lamb, shallot and coriander; mix well.
4. Preheat a grill to hot and mould the meat into sausage shapes. Grill until sizzling, turning occasionally.
5. Serve the sausages with the wasabi mash and lashings of gravy.
Rate This Recipe