- Serves: Makes 4 skewers
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 350 g finely minced lamb
- 50 g ginger, finely chopped
- 30 g garlic, finely chopped
- 40 g mint leaf, chopped
- 2 green chillies, deseeded
- 5 g garam masala
- pinch of red chilli powder
- 25 g fresh coriander leaves
- 1 tsp melted butter
- 25 g butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- rye wale aloo, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas 6.
2. Mix together the lamb, ginger and garlic in a mixing bowl.
3. Add in the mint, green chilli, garam masala, red chili powder, salt and coriander leaves and mix together well.
4. Form the mince mixture into long sausage-shaped kebabs or alternatively skewer onto four long skewers and place on a rack in a roasting tray.
5. Bake the kebabs for 12 minutes. Turn the kebabs over and baste with a little of the melted butter and bake for a further 5 minutes.
6. Preheat the grill and grill the kebabs for a further 2-3 minutes, basting with the remaining butter.
7. Slice the kebabs and set aside.
8. Heat the butter in a large, heavy-based frying pan. Add in the onion and fry, stirring, until translucent.
9. Add in the sliced kebabs and fry for 1 minute.
10. Season with salt and serve at once. This dish goes well with Rye Wale Aloo (garlic-flavoured mustard seed potatoes).
Rate This Recipe