- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes plus 12 hrs marinating
- Effort: easy
- 100 ml natural yogurt
- juice of 1 limes
- 15 g garlic, minced
- 2.5 cm ginger, grated
- 5 g ground cumin
- 15 g ground coriander
- 5 g garam masala
- a pinch of paprika
- 900 g lamb shoulder, cubed and trimmed
- melted butter
- lemon juice
For the coriander and onion dip:
- 3 green chillies, chopped
- 6 spring onions, chopped
- large bunch of fresh coriander, chopped
- large handful of mint leaves, hopped
- juice of 2 lemons
- 5 g sugar
- black pepper
- 300 ml natural yogurt
- 125 g onions, sliced and fried until caramelised
1. In a large mixing bowl, mix together the yoghurt, lime juice, garlic, ginger, cumin, coriander, garam masala, paprika and salt.
2. Add in the lamb and coat thoroughly. Cover with cling film and marinate in the refrigerator for 12 hours.
3. To make the coriander and onion dip, blend together the chillies, spring onion, coriander, mint, lemon juice, sugar, salt and freshly ground pepper in a food processor into a paste. Mix the paste with the yoghurt and caramelised onions.
4. Thread the lamb onto 4 long wooden skewers that have been soaked in cold water for 1 hour.
5. Preheat the grill until hot.
6. Grill the lamb kebabs for 8-10 minutes, turning occasionally and basting with lemon and melted butter. Serve the freshly grilled kebabs with the coriander and onion dip.
Rate This Recipe