- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 lamb rumps, about 175g each
- oil, for frying
- 2 sprig of rosemary
For the black pudding gratin
- 75 g butter, plus 1 knob extra for frying
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 ring of black pudding, coarsely chopped
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 400 g canned butter beans, drained
- 400 g canned borlotti beans, drained
- 1 tbsp grain mustard
- 100 g creme fraiche
- 150 ml lamb stock
- 200 g breadcrumbs
- 100 g parmesan, grated
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- a little jus or gravy, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 220C/200C fan/Gas 7.
2. Rub the lamb with oil and season well with salt and pepper. In an ovenproof frying pan, brown the lamb all over, then add the rosemary sprigs and pop the pan in the oven for 6-8 minutes for the meat to finish cooking. Remove and set aside to rest in a warm place.
3. For the bean and black pudding gratin: heat a knob of butter and a little oil in a large ovenproof frying pan. Fry the onion and garlic until soft. Add the black pudding and fry until crisp. Add the rosemary, then both types of beans and heat through for 2-3 minutes. Stir in the mustard, crème fraîche and stock and simmer for 2-3 minutes more.
4. Combine the breadcrumbs, parmesan, 75g of butter and the parsley in a bowl and mix well. Preheat the grill.
5. Spoon the bean and black pudding mixture into flameproof serving dishes and sprinkle with the crumb mixture. Grill until the crumb crust is crisp. Meanwhile, carve lamb thickly and serve it with a little jus or gravy and the hot gratin.
Rate This Recipe