- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 1 hour 40 minutes - 2 hours
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1.3 kg leg of lamb
- black pepper
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 x 425g tin canned chopped tomatoes
- 2 pinches dried oregano
- tbsp salted capers, rinsed
- 3 tinned anchovies
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC/Gas 4.
2. Season the lamb with salt and freshly ground pepper. Rub the lamb with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
3. Place the lamb in a roasting tin. Roast the lamb for 1 hour 40 minutes (medium) or 2 hours (well-done).
4. Ten minutes before the lamb has completed roasting, cook the pizzaiola sauce.
5. Heat the remaining olive oil in a frying pan. Fry the garlic over medium heat, stirring often, for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes, oregano, capers and anchovy fillets, mixing well.
6. Season the tomato sauce with salt and freshly ground pepper and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and cook stirring for 5 minutes.
7. Serve the roast lamb with the pizzaiola sauce.
Rate This Recipe