- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 6 baby leeks
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 slices lamb's liver
- flour, for coating
- 1 lime, finely grated zest and juice only
- knob of butter
- 4 tbsp chicken stock
- 1 sprigs rosemary
- 1 pinches ground szechuan pepper
1. Bring a pan of water to the boil and blanch the baby leeks for 2 minutes until just tender. Drain and refresh in cold water.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large, heavy-based frying pan over a medium heat. Lightly dust the liver with flour, shaking off any excess, then fry in the hot oil for 2 minutes on each side, until lightly browned on the outside and still pink in the middle.
3. Add the leeks to the pan and heat through for about 1 minute then add the lime zest and juice, butter, chicken stock and rosemary. Leave to bubble for about 1 minute or until reduced to a glaze, then season with a pinch of szechuan pepper.
4. Remove the sprig of rosemary and place the liver onto warm serving plates. Top with the leeks, pour over the sauce and serve.
Rate This Recipe