- Serves: 1
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus pre-prep of sweetbreads
- Effort: easy
- 225 g lambs' sweetbreads, blanched, weighted and peeled
- seasoned flour, for dusting
- olive oil, for frying
- 100 g unsalted butter
- 4 tbsp capers, in sherry vinegar, drained
- squeeze lemon juice
- 3 tbsp chopped parsley
- tenderstem broccoli, cooked
- anchovy fillets
- olive oil
1. Lightly dust the sweetbreads with seasoned flour.
2. Heat a frying pan and add enough oil to just cover the bottom of the pan. Add the sweetbreads and fry undisturbed until golden and crusty underneath. Turn and repeat with the other side.
3. Add the butter to the pan and cook until dark and nutty, flipping the sweetbreads in it. Add the capers, lemon juice, parsley and a pinch of salt.
4. Serve with tenderstem broccoli dressed with anchovies, garlic and olive oil.
Rate This Recipe