- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 1 kg fresh langoustines
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1.5 tsp Dijon mustard
- 250 ml vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 splashes tabasco
- 1 splashes Worcestershire sauce
- 1 splashes brandy
- 2 Little Gem lettuce, leaves washed and separated
- 1 pinches smoked paprika, for sprinkling
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
1. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil, add the langoustines, bring the water back to the boil and cook for 1-2 minutes. Drain and allow to cool, then peel and set aside.
2. Put the white wine vinegar into a clean mixing bowl and whisk in the egg yolks.
3. Add the mustard and continue to whisk.
4. Gradually whisk in enough vegetable oil, starting with a few drops then adding a spoonful at a time, until the mayonnaise has emulsified and thickened.
5. Stir in the ketchup, Tabasco, Worcestershire sauce and brandy. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
6. To serve, arrange the lettuce leaves on 4 plates and divide the cooked langoustines on top. Spoon the mayonnaise over, sprinkle with smoked paprika and garnish with the lemon wedges. (Any leftover mayonnaise can be kept in the fridge for 2-3 days).
Rate This Recipe