- Serves: 8
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus 2 hrs soaking
- Effort: easy
- 250 g dried fruit, as dried apricots, dates, raisins and prunes
- 100 ml cider brandy, such as calvados, or regular brandy
- 1 lardy cake
- 50 g butter
- 1 x 230 g tub clotted cream
1. Put the dried fruit in a bowl and cover with the brandy. Leave for at least 2 hours, until the fruit has plumped up and absorbed as much of the alcohol as possible.
2. Cut the lardy cake into 8 slices. Heat the butter in a frying pan and fry the cake for a few minutes on each side, until its warm and has a golden-brown crust.
3. Serve the cake topped with the soaked winter fruits. Drizzle over any brandy that remains in the bowl and dollop some clotted cream on top. Serve immediately
Rate This Recipe