- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the sauce
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 sticks celery, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 100 g lean minced beef
- 100 g minced pork
- 100 g pork liver, chopped
- 175 ml Italian red wine
- 400 g passata
- 150 ml water
- 2 bay leaves
For the lasagne
- 2 packets fresh lasagne sheets
- 500 ml béchamel sauce
- 65 g parmesan, grated
- 30 g butter
Tips and Suggestions
When making a lasagne, it is important to remember that the more layers there are, the better the lasagne - built thinner layers!
1. Heat the olive oil in a heavy bottom pan and add the garlic, onion, celery and carrot. Cook over low heat for 10 minutes, until very soft.
2. Add the minced beef and pork and the pork liver and cook for 5 minutes, until browned.
3. Pour in the wine and cook for 5 minutes, until evaporated.
4. Add the passata, water and bay leaf and simmer over a low heat for 1 hour.
5. Preheat the oven to 190C/gas 5. Butter an ovenproof dish.
6. Place a layer of pasta on the bottom of the dish and spoon over a layer of the meat sauce.
7. Add a layer of béchamel.
8. Scatter over a layer, scatter over a third of the Parmesan and dot with a few pieces of butter.
9. Repeat this process until all the ingredients are used up, finishing with a layer of béchamel sauce and a scattering of cheese. Bake for 35 minutes, until golden and bubbling.
Rate This Recipe