- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus infusing and chilling time
- Effort: medium
- 2 sheets gelatine
- 300 ml double cream
- 100 g whole almonds
- 50 g caster sugar
- 2 tbsp fresh unsprayed lavender, leaves and flowers
For the berry sauce
- 100 g frozen mixed summer berries
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
1. Soak the gelatine in a bowl of cold water to soften.
2. Combine the cream, almonds and sugar in a medium saucepan, bring to a boil and simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat, add the lavender, and leave to infuse for an hour.
3. Reheat the cream gently. Drain the softened gelatine, add to the cream and stir until dissolved. Pass the mixture through a fine sieve, discarding the almonds and lavender.
4. Pour evenly into four ramekins or dariole moulds. Chill for at least 5 hours, or preferably overnight.
5. For the berry sauce: put the fruit in a small saucepan with 2 tablespoons of water. Bring to a boil, simmer for 5-7 minutes, then add the sugar and leave to cool. When ready to use, pass the sauce through a fine sieve.
6. Unmould each panna cotta into the middle of a serving plate and drizzle around the berry sauce.
Rate This Recipe