- Serves: 6-8
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 125 g butter, plus 1 tbsp butter for greasing
- 150 g lavender sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 400 g blueberries
- 250 g wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 250 g instant royal icing
- violet food colouring
- 8 lavender stalks, for decoration
Tips and Suggestions
Homemade lavender sugar can be made by adding a few stalks of lavender (washed and dried) to a jar of sugar and allowing to infuse.
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4.
2. Grease the base of a 1kg loaf tin with the tablespoon of butter and line it with baking parchment.
3. In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter and lavender sugar until pale and fluffy.
4. Gradually beat in the beaten egg, a little at a time, incorporating well between each addition.
5. Fold in the blueberries thoroughly.
6. Sift in the flour, baking powder and cinnamon, adding in any bran that hasn't passed through the sieve at the end.
7. Turn the mixture into the prepared loaf tin.
8. Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour until risen and firm to the touch. Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack.
9. Mix up the icing according to packet instructions, adding the violet icing colour to taste.
10. Ice the cooled tea bread and decorate it with the lavender.
Rate This Recipe