- Serves: 4
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the lamb
- 1 x 2 kg leg of lamb, boned
- 1 head garlic
- 1 x 75 g tin tinned anchovies, in oil roughly chopped
- 1 bunches lavender, freshly picked
- 350 g lavender honey
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon
For the lavender honey glaze
- 100 ml lavender honey
- 100 ml olive oil
Tips and Suggestions
Cooking times may vary according to the cut of meat - as a general rule it's 30 minutes per 450g.
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4. Using a sharp knife, prick the lamb all over and make incisions about 2 cm deep.
2. Peel the garlic bulb, separate out the cloves and cut into thin strips. Insert the garlic slivers, along with a decent-sized pinch of anchovy fillets and a sprig of lavender, into each pocket in the lamb.
3. Place the lamb in a roasting tin and season with salt and pepper. Drizzle over the olive oil and honey, halve the lemon and add to the tin. Roast for 40 minutes, basting every 10 minutes.
4. While the lamb is cooking, make the glaze. Warm the honey and oil in a saucepan and pour into a liquidiser. Blend on high speed until the oil is emulsified with the honey.
5. Pour this glaze over the lamb (after it has been cooking for 40 minutes), and continue roasting for a further 20 minutes. By now, the lamb should be tender and the juices run a pale pink when pierced with a sharp knife. Serve with dauphinoise potatoes and roasted tomatoes.
Rate This Recipe