- Serves: 12
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus softening and cooling
- Effort: easy
- 115 g butter, softened
- 55 g lavender sugar
- 150 g plain flour, sifted
Tips and Suggestions
To make a batch of lavender sugar, just combine 1kg caster sugar with 2 tsp lavender flowers.
1. Preheat the oven to 150°C/gas 2.
2. In a mixing bowl, using a wooden spoon, cream together the butter and sugar until thoroughly blended.
3. Add the flour and mix in with your fingers into a soft dough.
4. Place the dough on a floured working surface and flatten down to 3mm thickness.
5. Using a biscuit cutter cut into shapes.
6. Place the shortbread shapes on a baking sheet lined with baking parchment.
7. Bake for 20-30 minutes until pale golden and set. Remove, cool on a wire rack and store in an airtight tin until serving.
Rate This Recipe