- Serves: 8
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus 2 hrs rising time
- Effort: easy
- 250 g strong bread flour
- 5 g salt
- 25 g olive oil
- 1x11 g sachet fast action dried yeast
- 145 ml cold water
- olive oil, for greasing
For the filling
- 75 g olives, finely chopped
- 3 slices Parma ham
- 225 g buffalo mozzarella
- handful basil
1. Place the flour, salt, oil, yeast and water in a large bowl and stir until the mixture comes together.
2. Turn the mixture out onto a lightly floured work surface and knead for 5-8 minutes, until the mixture forms a smooth dough.
3. Return the dough to the bowl, cover with a sheet of clingfilm, brushed with olive oil and leave to rest for 1 hour.
4. Grease the tins with olive oil and divide the dough into 4.
5. Knead each piece for one minute, then roll each out into a circle to fit the tin. Place one piece of dough in the base of the tin and scatter the olives evenly over.
6. Place another circle of dough on top and cover with a layer of ham.
7. Add another circle of dough and cover with the mozzarella. Scatter the basil over.
8. Top with a final layer of dough and leave to rise for 1 hour.
9. Preheat the oven to 220C/gas 8. Bake for 30-40 minutes, until the bread is golden brown and makes a hollow sound when tapped on the bottom.
Rate This Recipe