- Serves: 8
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the dark and milk chocolate mousse
- 175 g dark chocolate, chopped
- 175 g milk chocolate, chopped
- 1 orange
- splash milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 8 egg whites
- 50 g caster sugar
For the white chocolate mousse
- 175 g white chocolate, chopped
- 175 ml double cream
- 1 egg white
- grated chocolate, grated
- orange rind, finely grated
1. Put the dark chocolate into a large heatproof bowl set over a pan of gently simmering water and heat until just melted take care not to get the chocolate too hot. Add a splash of milk and mix well. Remove the bowl from the heat, leave to cool slightly and beat in 1 egg yolk. Leave on one side to cool.
2. Do the same thing with the milk chocolate in a separate bowl, adding the milk and remaining egg yolk when melted. Grate the rind from half an orange and stir into the mixture.
3. Whip the egg whites until they resemble soft peaks and then gradually whisk in the sugar.
4. Fold a quarter of the egg whites into each of the chocolates, and then whisk briefly to combine everything. Divide the remaining whipped egg white between both bowls of chocolate and fold in.
5. For the white chocolate mousse, melt the chocolate as above, stirring gently with a spatula - leave to cool a little. Lightly whisk the cream, and in a separate bowl, whisk the egg white until it resembles soft peaks. Fold the cream and then the egg whites into the chocolate
6. In 8 small glass tumblers or goblets, layer-up the chocolate mousse mixtures starting with the white chocolate mousse, followed by the milk chocolate and then the dark chocolate mousse. Transfer the glasses to the fridge for an hour or so to firm up.
7. Decorate with grated chocolate and orange rind before serving.
Rate This Recipe