- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 250 ml lightly whipped double cream
- 4 tbsp mascarpone
- 1 vanilla pod, seeds scraped out
- 8 amaretti biscuits, or simillar, crushed
- 1 splash eau-de-vie (colourless fruit liqueur), 40-80% proof, or vodka
- selection of seasonal fruits, (see cook's note)
Tips and Suggestions
use any soft ripe fruit when in season such as berries, peaches or pears. If the fruit is less ripe or flavoursome then cook it lightly in its own juice, with a little sugar, and allow to cool before assembling the dessert.
1. In a bowl, gently combine the double cream, mascarpone and vanilla seeds. Set aside.
2. Divide half the crushed biscuits between serving glasses and sprinkle over a splash of eau de vie.
3. Top with a layer of fruit then top with some of the mascarpone cream.
4. Repeat these layers, finishing with a layer of mascarpone cream. Serve.
Rate This Recipe