- Serves: 2-4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: medium
- oil, for greasing
- 8 pancakes
- 1 quantity fresh tomato sauce
- 1/2 quantity béchamel sauce, with nutmeg
- 200 g mozzarella, coarsely grated
- handful of basil
- black pepper
- rocket salad, dressed with balsamic vinegar and extra-virgin olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4. Lightly grease an ovenproof dish.
2. Place a pancake in the base of the dish.
3. Mix the tomato and béchamel sauces together.
4. Smooth some of the tomato mixture over the pancake. Sprinkle with mozzarella and a few basil leaves. Season lightly.
5. Place another pancake on top with another layer of sauce, cheese, basil and seasoning. Continue layering until you have a stack of eight pancakes.
6. Cover with greaseproof paper and bake for 20 minutes until heated through.
7. Serve hot or warm, with the rocket salad.
Rate This Recipe