- Serves: 4-5
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 35 minutes plus 1 hr for chilling
- Effort: easy
For the pudding
- 570 ml full-fat milk
- 50 ml orange flower water
- 75 g granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp cornflour
For the syrup
- 1 kg granulated sugar
- 600 ml cold water
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp orange flower water
- 1 tbsp chopped pistachio nuts
- 1 tbsp desiccated coconut
1. Pour the milk into a heavy-based saucepan, add the orange blossom water and sugar and gently bring to the boil. Whisk in the corn flour paste and stir continuously until the liquid thickens.
2. Remove from the heat and pour into individual dishes or a single pie dish. Leave on the side to cool, then chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
3. In the meantime, make the syrup. Place the sugar, water, lemon juice and orange blossom water into a saucepan and stir over a moderate heat until all the sugar has dissolved.
4. Simmer for 15 minutes, until syrupy and light golden in colour. Leave to cool.
5. When the syrup is cold, pour into a glass bottle, seal and set aside.
6. When you are ready to serve the milk puddings, gently warm the syrup in a small saucepan and drizzle it over. Add a scattering of chopped pistachios and desiccated coconut and serve straight away.
Rate This Recipe