- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 kg firm ripe tomatoes
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp dried mint
1. Cut the stalks out of the tomatoes. Put them in a bowl and pour over boiling water to loosen their skins. Peel away the skins, remove the seeds and finely dice the flesh.
2. Heat the olive oil in a pan over a medium heat. When hot, add the tomatoes and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes.
3. Add the cayenne pepper and dried mint. Season with salt and cook for another 5 minutes, stirring. By now, the tomatoes should have lost all their excess liquid. Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
4. Serve the tomato salsa at room temperature.
Rate This Recipe