- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 1.2 litres chicken stock
- 1 tbspl olive oil
- 175 g rashers of smoked streaky bacon, cut into small pieces
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 leeks, finely sliced
- 400 g arborio risotto rice
- 250 ml pumpkin or parsnip wine
- 55 g butter
- 55 g parmesan, freshly grated
- mixed salad
- crusty bread
1. Place the stock in a large saucepan over a medium-low heat and bring to a gentle simmer.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over a low heat, add the bacon, shallots and garlic and cook for 3-4 minutes, until softened.
3. Add the leeks and rice and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
4. Stir in the wine. When it has been absorbed into the rice, begin adding the stock, a ladleful at a time, allowing each ladleful to be absorbed before adding the next. This should take about 20 minutes.
5. Season the risotto to taste and stir in the butter and Parmesan cheese.
6. Serve with a salad and crusty bread.
Rate This Recipe