- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 500 g leeks
- 400 ml light vegetable stock
- 100 ml single cream
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 100 g white breadcrumbs
- 30 g shelled hazelnuts
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped parsley
- 125 g caerphilly or cheshire cheese, finely grated or crumbled
1. Cut the leeks into thick circles no larger than 2cm and place in a large saucepan with the stock, cream and mustard. Cook gently for 15 minutes, until starting to soften. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
2. Transfer the leek mixture to a ceramic baking dish, saving 2-3 tablespoons of the pan juices.
3. Whizz the breadcrumbs, nuts and parsley together in a food processor until finely chopped.
4. Scatter the crumb mixture and cheese over the leeks and drizzle the reserved pan juices over the top.
5. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the crumble topping is crisp and golden. If necessary, finish under the grill.
Rate This Recipe