- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
1. Lightly toast the bread on both sides.
2. Melt the butter in a small pan. Add the leek and cook gently, stirring now and then, for 5 minutes.
3. Add the pear and sage and cook for 1 minute. Set aside.
4. In another saucepan, put the cheese, egg yolk, mustard and stout. Stir over a gentle heat until the cheese melts and forms a creamy mixture. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
5. Preheat the grill.
6. Divide the leek and pear mixture on top of the toast and then pour over the cheese sauce.
7. Grill under a hot grill until bubbling and brown. Serve at once.
Rate This Recipe