- Serves: 2
- Prep Time: 30 minutes plus chilling
- Effort: easy
- 2 large baking potatoes
- 1 leek, finely sliced
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- salt, and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 4 large field mushrooms
- 1 tbsp thyme, leaves only
- 150 g raclette cheese, sliced
1. Set the oven to 200°C/gas 6. Boil the potatoes in their jackets for exactly 7 minutes; cool a little, then peel.
2. Coarsely grate the potatoes into a large bowl and add the leek. Stir in half of the garlic and season with plenty of salt and freshly ground black pepper.
3. Mould the mixture into 'rostis' and chill for 20 minutes. Heat 4 tablespoons of the oil in a frying pan and then fry the rostis for 4 minutes each side until crisp and golden. Drain on kitchen paper and keep warm.
4. Meanwhile, place the mushrooms in an ovenproof dish, drizzle with the remaining oil and scatter over the remaining garlic. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and roast for 8 minutes or so, until soft.
5. To serve, sit a mushroom on top of a rosti, cover with cheese and grill until melted and golden.
6. This is nice with tomato chutney.
Rate This Recipe