- Serves: 8
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 1 x 25cm disc of rolled-out shortcrust pastry
- 200 baby g leeks, poached until tender
- 4 eggs
- 400 ml double cream
- sprinkle of grated nutmeg
- 150 g fresh white crab meat
- handful of tarragon, finely chopped
- 150 g blue cheese
- lightly dressed salad, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4.
2. Line a 22cm loose-based flan tin with the shortcrust pastry. Line the pastry case with baking parchment, fill with baking beans and blind bake for 10 minutes. Remove the baking beans and parchment and bake the pastry case for a further 5 minutes.
3. Place the poached baby leeks in the pastry case.
4. In a jug, beat together eggs and double cream and season with nutmeg. Mix in the crabmeat and tarragon.
5. Pour the egg mixture over the leeks. Crumble over the blue cheese.
6. Bake for 35 minutes until set.
7. Serve warm or cold with a lightly dressed salad.
Rate This Recipe