- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the soup
- 60 g butter
- 4 large leeks, chopped
- 3 small shallots, finely chopped
- 2 heads celery, chopped
- 30 g plain flour
- 1.2 litres vegetable stock
- small bunch chives, finely chopped
- freshly ground salt and black pepper
- truffle oil, to serve
For the croûtes
- 125 g soft goats' cheese
- 1 egg yolk
- 4 slices French bread, toasted
1. Melt the butter in a pot, add all the vegetables and cook gently until softened.
2. Add the flour and cook for 1 minute, then pour in the vegetable stock. Bring to the boil and simmer for about 40 minutes, until the volume of liquid has reduced by around one-third.
3. Remove the soup from the heat and allow it to cool briefly before transferring it to a blender. Purée the mixture, then pass it through a sieve back into the pot.
4. Reheat the soup gently. Add the chives and season to taste with salt and pepper.
To make the croûtes:
5. Mix the goats' cheese and egg yolk together in a small bowl and spread the mixture over the toasted bread. Grill until the cheese topping is golden brown.
6. Divide the soup among serving bowls and float a goats' cheese croûte on top of each. Drizzle with a little truffle oil and serve.
Rate This Recipe