- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 12 leeks, trimmed, sliced lengthways if large
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 225 ml dry sherry
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 225 ml vegetable stock, preferably home-made
1. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add the leeks and blanch very briefly - about 30 seconds - then drain well.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large, heavy-based, high-sided frying pan with a lid. Add the leeks and fry over medium heat, uncovered, until slightly caramelised.
3. Add the sherry and brown sugar, and bring to a simmer with the lid slightly askew to allow the steam to escape. Reduce until the liquid is glutinous and sticky.
4. Add the stock and simmer gently for 30 minutes or until tender.
Rate This Recipe