- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 8 slices Serrano ham
- 400baby g leeks, washed
- 2 free-range eggs
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 100 ml light olive oil
- 1 tbsp flat leaf parsley, very finely chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6. Arrange the ham slices on a baking sheet and place another baking sheet directly on top. Cook for 15-20 minutes until the Serrano is really crisp. Drain well on absorbent paper and cover loosely with cling film. This can be made up to 4 hours in advance.
2. Cook the leeks in boiling salted water for 3-4 minutes, until soft when tested with the point of a knife. Drain and plunge into very cold water. Leave until cold and squeeze any excess water out by hand.
3. Boil the eggs for 6 minutes, until hard-boiled.
4. Remove the tops of the eggs very carefully, using a sharp knife. Take out the egg, keeping the shells intact.
5. Grate the egg and set aside.
6. Put the white wine vinegar into a small bowl with the mustard and slowly whisk in the oil, to make a smooth emulsion. Season to taste and fold in the parsley.
7. Divide the leeks between 4 plates. Sprinkle over the grated egg. Pour some dressing into each empty egg shell and nestle into the leeks.
8. Scatter over some cracked black pepper, balance the crisp Serrano ham across the egg shells and serve.
Rate This Recipe