- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 12 fine leeks, green parts trimmed to about 2.5cm
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 4 tbsp warm water
- 2 tbsp red or white wine vinegar
- 150 ml olive oil
- 2 softly hard-boiled eggs, finely chopped
- 1 handfuls snipped chives
1. Place the leeks in a steamer basket set over boiling water. Steam them for 7-10 minutes until collapsed and tender.
2. Leave the leeks to cool, then slice in half lengthways.
3. Put the mustard, water, vinegar, salt and pepper in a blender and blitz for a few seconds. Then, with the motor running, gradually pour in the olive oil until you have a thick, mustardy emulsion. Taste and adjust. You might need a little more water if it is too thick.
4. Arrange the leeks in a regimented style in a flat dish. Pour over the dressing, then sprinkle over the finely chopped egg and the snipped chives.
Rate This Recipe