- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus 2-3 hours freezing
- Effort: easy
For the lemon curd
- 75 g butter
- 150 g caster sugar
- 3 lemons, finely grated zest and juice
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
For the ice cream
- 600 ml Greek yogurt
- 600 ml creme fraiche
- 4 tbsp finely grated ginger
- icing sugar
- lemons, wafers
Tips and Suggestions
The ginger in this recipe isn't essential, so leave it out if you'd prefer.
There's no need to churn or stir the ice cream mix when it's in the fridge.
1. For the lemon curd: place the butter, sugar, lemon juice and zest in a saucepan and heat gently until the butter is melted.
2. Meanwhile, beat the eggs and egg yolk in a bowl until smooth. Pour the beaten eggs into the melted butter mixture and stir continuously over a low heat until the mixture has thickened enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon.
3. Remove the pan from the heat and pour the curd into a bowl or into a sterilised jar to cool completely.
4. For the ice cream: fold together 400ml of your cooled, homemade lemon curd with the yogurt, crème fraîche and ginger and transfer to a freezer-proof container. Chill in the freezer until frozen. Take out from the freezer about 10 minutes before serving to allow the ice cream to soften slightly.
5. Serve the ice cream in scoops in a bowl. Dust with icing sugar, drizzle over some lemon curd and decorate with a lemon wafer.
Rate This Recipe